- 21 oz extra-firm silken tofu
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar, light brown sugar, or sucanat (or use 1/2 cup honey or 1 cup alternate liquid sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup rum or brandy (or use apple juice with rum or brandy flavoring to taste)
- 4 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 ice cubes
How to Make Vegan Egg Nog
Crumble the tofu and blend with soymilk, sugar and salt. Blend until smooth. Pour into mixing bowl, and whisk in water, rum and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate.
Place the crumbled tofu and the soymilk in a blender with the sugar and salt. Blend until very smooth. Scrape this into a large bowl or pitcher, and whisk in the water, rum or brandy, and vanilla. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
To serve, blend half of the mixture in the blender with 10 of the ice cubes until frothy. Repeat with the other half. Serve in glasses with nutmeg sprinkled on top.
Or try this simpler version:
- 1 quart / 1 liter vanilla soy milk
- 4 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brandy or 1/2 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
Simpler Recipe Directions
In a pitcher or jug, combine all, stir well, chill, and serve.